Monday, April 11, 2011

Dollar Store Apothecary Style candle holders

Dollar Store Apothecary style candle holder

I have seen this project done tons of time. And every time I have gone into the dollar store I just couldn’t find the right size candle/vase for the top. Well, I finally did. They turned out perfectly. In fact, I do believe the next time I get back I will be buying more so I can make them for gifts. I couldn’t find the epoxy I wanted so I used my hot glue gun instead.
Material needs:
A large candle holder or vase
A small tapered size candle holder
Hot glue and gun.

First, I hate scrubbing price stickers off so I sprayed the bottoms with my 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. (I love this stuff!) Then I washed the pieces and using my hot glue gun I put glue around the top of the smaller candle holder. Last, I placed the smaller one onto the larger one. Hold it for a few seconds and your done. For $2 you can make this beautiful apothecary style candle holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment