Monday, April 4, 2011

April snow showers = Twin girl aprons

I have the cutest two year old twin nieces. I truly wished we lived closer to them so that we could share in their daily lives. I also, have tons of craft projects with them in mind. Like felt foods, so far breakfast for two is done.
First, I hardly ever use store bought patterns. Not because I think I am that wonderful when it comes to sewing,but because frankly I do not have the patience to go find it, buy it, and try and figure out what size I need. So I make my own. So this is 100% me!! I also made them hair bows to match.(Next post) I start chef's hats but my no-patience got in the way.
I purchase 3 yards of the main fabric(which is too much), 1 yard of the coordinating fabric, and brown thread.
I made my patterns for the apron body, the middle tie, the ties for the neck, and a pocket.
I choose to make the neck ties, tie able so that it will fit longer.
For one apron~double it for twins!!
1.) Cut out two apron patterns from the main fabric. My pattern measures about 12 inches wide by 18 inches long. Cut pattern in half to make arm holes match. Sew up both sides and turn right side out.
2.) Cut out two neck ties out of coordinating fabric they each need to be 18.5 inches long by 2 inches wide. Sew each piece separate and turn right side out. sew one end on each. That will be the finished end.
3.) Cut out one belt tie in the coordinating fabric. Measuring 39 inches by 3 inches. sew down the side and turn right side out. Finish each end.
4.) The pocket. Cut out 2 pockets in the coordinating fabric, measuring 3 inches long by 6 inches wide. Sew the bottom and two sides only. Then turn it right side out. Pin together the top and sew together.
5.) I ironed everything at this stage making it all look crisp.
6.) Now all the little things are done. So its time to assemble the apron.
7.) Sew the bottom of the apron.
8.) Sew in the neck ties and the top of the apron.
9.) Sew the pocket on where you want it.
10.) Sew the tie belt on.
11.) Last I iron it again.

There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment